Saturday, October 27, 2012

40th Birthday Las Vegas Trip


Who is luckier than me to have a wife like I do?  With my 40th Birthday looming large I received an email from our travel points company thanking me for my interest in flights to Vegas.  Scratching my head I wondered what was going on.  Well as it would turn out the secret surprise that Erin was so close to pulling off was undone with a single email errantly sent by the travel company.  However I was not going to complain :-) 

We set about booking and planning all the fun things we would see and do when we arrived.  We would leave on Oct 20th and return on in the wee small hours of the 27th.  Our itinerary looked like this

Saturday Oct 20th - Depart Calgary at 300P on US Airways.  (Side note do not take a picture of the cockpit even though they leave the door open on boarding.  That is a sure way to get threatened to be kicked off the plane)

Sunday Oct 21st - Valley of Fire road trip.

Monday Oct 22nd - Shopping day at the outlet mall, and visit Pawn Stars Pawn Shop

Tuesday Oct 23rd - 40th B-day.  Pick up Corvette for the day and do Red Rock Canyon run, visit Parhrump Winery and go to Death Valley.

Wednesday Oct 24th - Walk the Strip and check out as many hotels as was possible.

Thursday Oct 25th - Take road trip to Mount Charleston

Friday Oct 26th - Do Red Rock Canyon run one more time (Get stuck behind too many slow cars), and visit more sights on the strip.  Depart Vegas at 900P, fly home on Westjet and marvel at how much friendlier Canadian airlines are.
 
We took many many pictures of our adventures, I have grouped them by major event/common description.  Please enjoy, hopefully just a bit as much as we did.

Anxiously awaiting our plane.

The weather we would be leaving behind.  Forecast in Vegas for the week was sunny and highs in the 70s and 80s.
I can live with that.


Our plane arriving to pick us up.

View of the Grand Canyon shortly before touch down in Phoenix and our connecting flight to Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment