Friday, March 7, 2014

Outer Space

Will: Mom, how come we never go into outer space?
Me: Well...how would we get there?

Will: On a spaceship!
Me: Do you *have* a spaceship? Because I don't.

Will: Why don't we just go find one and get on it?
Me: Because they're not like buses. You can't just find one, put a few quarters in and hop on.

Will: Well, how do you get to go on one?...
Me: You need to be an astronaut.

Will: How do you get to be an astronaut?
Me: Well, you probably have to study to be an engineer or a physicist or something like that.*

*My knowledge is entirely based on the Big Bang Theory.

Me: Also, I think maybe if you're a really good pilot, you could be an astronaut.**

**I clearly have no idea, but it would seem reasonable to me.

Will: Oh - ok. So if you're not a good pilot, then you just fly planes?

OMG - I hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment